What is site ownership verification and how to do it?
Site ownership Verification is the process of proving that you own the site or app that you claim to own and gives access to its private Google Search data. Every Search Console property requires at least one verified owner, though it can have more. Without Site Ownership Verification you cannot get access to google search console therefore, it is necessary to verify your ownership in google search console.
Following steps to do site ownership verification:
- Open Google Search Console and press Add Property.
- Enter you site name on the given Add Property.
- Next, there will be many verification method recommended by google coming on the window. Such as, HTML file, HTML tag, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Domain Name Provider. We will recommend you to do HTML tag method because it is easy and fast as per our experience.
- To do by HTML tag method you have to SELECT it first and copy the given meta tag. For example: meta name=”google-site-verification” content=”gfuiyRKtuCQWPE38st6MLNCvqMyNfNFsjJCZFRXcUY0″ />
- After copying the meta tag go to-
For WordPress Users:
- Go to Appearance.
- Next, Editor.
- After that select, Theme Header.
- Lastly, paste that meta tag just below the header(<head>)
2. For Blogger Users:
- Go to Theme.
- Next, press Edit HTML.
- Paste that meta tag just below the header(<head>)
- Lastly, enter Save Theme.
- Finally, after pasting the meta tag on your site click VERIFY on Google Search Console. In this way you can do successful ownership verification in google search console.
NOTE: There will be error if meta tag is not pasted properly.